Career & College Promise
Who can participate in the Career and College Promise program?
- High school juniors and seniors (some pathways are available for freshman and sophomores)
- With a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Who are deemed college ready by test scores (SAT, ACT, PLAN, PSAT) or by their high schools
- Contact SCC for more information about eligibility
- This information is for College Transfer Pathways, Please contact SCC for Career Pathway information
- State guidelines for qualifying
What is Stanly Community College's Career and College Promise program?
- CCP offers tuition free college courses that can lead to college credits and/or certificates and job training
- Students may enroll in college transfer or career pathways depending upon future plans
- College transfer pathways can lead up to 30 hours of college transfer credits
- Career and Technical Education Pathways lead to credits used towards certificates, diplomas, and degrees
- Students may be enrolled in one college transfer pathway and one one career pathway
Where do classes meet?
- Courses are offered both online and seated for scheduling convenience
- To help accommodate high school scheduling, SCC offers late-start courses in 12-week format
What are the benefits of the Career and College Promise program at SCC?
- CCP allows you to earn college credits while in high school
- This will save you money on college tuition (CCP classes are tuition-free)
- CCP helps gain college credits in order for your student to finish his/her college journey sooner
- Classes taken through Stanly Community College introduce students to the college experience and help them be more prepared upon entering the university setting
- If a university is not the right fit for your student, CCP can help him/her get a jump start on his/her career plans or help him/her attain job training, skills, and certifications
Stanly Community College Pathways
- College Transfer - for those who hope to eventually attain a four-year degree.
- Career & Technical - for those who hope to pursue a career-based diploma, certificate or training.
How do I get started?
To get started with CCP, contact your child's high school guidance counselor or Steve Cumming at (704) 991-0139 or email@example.com for more information.