Contact(s): David Smith
The Manicuring Instructor curriculum provides a course of study covering the skills
needed to teach the theory and practices of manicuring as required by the North Carolina
State Board of Cosmetology. Coursework includes all phases of manicuring theory laboratory
instruction. Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State
Board Manicuring Instructor Licensing Exam and upon passing be qualified for employment
in a cosmetology or manicuring school.
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the procedures and methods of sanitation, including
FEPA disinfectant guidelines, on products used in manicuring/pedicuring.
- Demonstrate knowledge of bacteriology and the relation to communicable diseases in
- Conduct/perform a practical demonstration of all phases of manicuring.
- Teach theory, methods, and application of sculptured and other artificial nails.
- Conduct/perform a theory lecture class on communication skills in working with the
- Recall and perform the knowledge and skills necessary to work as a North Carolina
(NC) licensed manicuring instructor.
Manicuring Instructor Certificate – C55380
Plan of Study Grid
College Student Success
Manicure Instructional Concepts
Manicure Instructional Practicum
||Total Credit Hours