SCC Course Catalog
Career & College Promise
Who can participate in the Career and College Promise program?
- High school juniors and seniors
- With a 2.8 unweighted GPA or higher OR qualifying test scores (SAT, ACT, Pre-ACT, PSAT). To view qualifying test score requirements, select “State guidelines for qualifying” link below, select CCP operating procedures tab and then go to page 23.
- This information is for College Transfer Pathways. Please contact SCC for Career Pathway information
- State guidelines for qualifying
What is Stanly Community College's Career and College Promise program?
- CCP offers tuition free college courses that can lead to college credits and/or certificates and job training
- Students may enroll in college transfer or career pathways depending upon future plans
- College transfer pathways can lead up to 30 hours of college transfer credits
- Career and Technical Education Pathways lead to credits used towards certificates, diplomas, and degrees
- Students may be enrolled in one college transfer pathway and one career pathway
Where do the classes meet?
- Courses are offered both online and seated for scheduling convenience
- To help accommodate high school scheduling, SCC offers late-start courses in 12-week format
What are the benefits of the Career and College Promise program at SCC?
- CCP allows you to earn college credits while in high school
- This will save you money on college tuition (CCP classes are tuition-free)
- CCP helps gain college credits for your student to finish his/her college journey sooner
- Classes taken through Stanly Community College introduce students to the college experience and help them be more prepared upon entering the university setting
- If a university is not the right fit for your student, CCP can help him/her get a jump start on his/her career plans or help him/her attain job training, skills, and certifications
How do I get started?
- For students from outside of Stanly County and homeschool students, contact Shawna Loftis, Precollege Coordinator/Liaison at (704) 991-0293 or email@example.com. For students at Stanly County High Schools, contact Steve Cumming at (704) 991-0139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the CCP Application
Career and Technical Pathways
Advertising & Graphic DesignAir Conditioning, Heating & RefrigerationBusiness AdministrationComputer EngineeringCosmetologyEarly Childhood Preschool PathwayHeavy Equipment OperationsInfant Toddler CareInformation Technology - CISCOInformation Technology - MicrosoftMedical AssistingWelding
Agribusiness TechnologyBiomedical Equipment TechnologyCollision Repair & Refinishing TechnologyComputer-Integrated MachiningCriminal Justice TechnologyElectronics EngineeringHuman ServicesInformation Technology - Business SupportInformation Technology - CybersecurityNurse AideSimulation and Game Development